Saturday, February 28, 2009

Grade Seven and Eight's In High School From facebook

One of the factors behind the North Maitland Educational Centre of Excellence was the concern that there was a move a foot for the Board of Ed to close schools and move the 7 and 8's into FE Madill. From the dozens of parents and community members, there is strong opposition to this approach, of which I share their concern. As much as the Board tries to lessen my fears by telling me not to worry, the kids are kept separate...I my apprehension is strong. I would like to know what others out there feel about this possible scenario....do you share my concern?


Post #2
wroteon February 6, 2009 at 9:35pm
The possibility that this could even be a reality makes me sick to my stomach. Children should not be expected to learn in an environment not suited to them. I hope that parents out there will demand better for their children. If only they knew what uniting together could do for our communities. Our numbers are small which is why our voices need to be even louder.IMO


Post #3
(Kitchener, ON) wroteon February 7, 2009 at 1:21am
The whole uniting thing is remarkable. What we have been able to accomplish so far by coming together gives me hope. Now we need the public at large to also join with us. If there is true united force, the trustees would have no option of following our vision.

Post #4
wroteon February 13, 2009 at 10:13am
I vote NO to grade 7 & 8 's in the high school!

Post #5
(London, ON) wroteon February 13, 2009 at 10:44pm
Well with out the idea of a new school, it looks like all roads lead to the 7 and 8 going to the highschool.


Post #6
wroteon February 17, 2009 at 11:55am
I am opposed to having the 7 & 8's at the high school. I personally would be devastated if that is the outcome!


Post #7
wroteon February 18, 2009 at 6:02am
I vote NO to grade 7 & 8's in the high school as well!!


Post #8
wroteon February 18, 2009 at 1:51pm
I vote NO to the grade 7 & 8's attending the high school. How can we possibly think that's a good idea. Children grow up way to quickly now as it is without forcing them to be in contact with the older children on a day to day basis. I understand the trustees think that they will be kept separate but I don't see how that can be possible at all times.

No comments: